The following resources can help you find more information about appropriate pain management care.
- Addiction Resource
- American Pain Society
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Food and Drug Administration: “Ten Tips to Prevent an Accidental Overdose”
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: “Seeking Drug Abuse Treatment: Know What to Ask”
- National Library of Medicine
- National Institutes of Health
The following materials can help you learn about current pain management research for patients with limb loss that you may wish to discuss with your healthcare providers.
- “Limb salvage and amputation in Type 3C tibial fractures.”
Sügün TS, Özaksar K, Toros T, Kayalar M, Bal E, Özerkan F.
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2013;47(1):19-26.
PMID: 23549313 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- “Reconsidering nerve decompression: an overlooked opportunity to limit diabetic foot ulcer recurrence and amputation.”
J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2013 Sep 1;7(5):1195-201.
PMID: 24124946 [PubMed – in process]
- “Deep brain stimulation for pain.”
Pereira EA, Green AL, Aziz TZ.
Handb Clin Neurol. 2013;116C:277-294. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-444-53497-2.00023-1.
PMID: 24112902 [PubMed – as supplied by publisher]
- “Chronic wound and postamputation claudication pain in a diabetic patient.”
Warner BE, Richards AJ, Biswas M, Chick C, Lewis P, Harding KG.
Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2013 Oct;95(7):115-7. doi: 10.1308/003588413X13629960047759.
PMID: 24112482 [PubMed – in process]