Today, almost 2 million Americans have experienced amputations or were born with limb difference. Another 28 million people are at risk for amputation. Hospital and rehab facilities across the country see the importance of peer support as an effective intervention to assist their patients as they cope with limb loss. The Amputee Coalition offers partnerships with these facilities to share our expertise, training curriculum and patient education materials so that the hospital can easily integrate a highly successful peer support program into their rehabilitation framework.*
There are many benefits to becoming a partner facility with the Amputee Coalition:
- Establish a nationally recognized peer support program for amputees quickly and efficiently
- Helps meet CARF standards on peer support for facilities with an “Amputation” care designation
- Have a staff member trained as a peer visitor trainer
- Receive a co-branded digital version of our peer support brochure
- Receive staff support and technical assistance via phone on a regular schedule to help you keep your peer support program on track
- Have your facility’s name, logo and links added to the Amputee Coalition Web site as a peer support partner facility
- Receive well-designed and scientifically reviewed education materials for new amputees at a 25% discount
- Receive discount for facility staff at Amputee Coalition events.
*Partners agree to maintain membership in the Amputee Coalition.