The Amputee Coalition is working with Johns Hopkins to improve the lives of persons with limb loss. We are testing a new program to help people after limb loss. PALS Online is a computer-based, online program that gives information and tips on how to manage pain and improve function following limb loss. Please consider helping us with this project. Go to our website palsamputeelifeskills.org to hear what other amputees are saying about the program.
- Major Amputation
- 18 years of age or older
- Access to the internet using a computer, tablet or phone
If you are eligible and agree to participate, you will:
- Complete an online assessment about your pain, your function and how you are doing.
- Complete 8 online lessons at the PALS Online w We estimate it will take 25 minutes to complete each lesson.
- Again complete an online assessment about your pain, your function and how you are doing after finishing the lessons.
- Be contacted by study personnel to participate in either a phone call or focus group to give feedback on the program and your experience with PALS Online.
For your participation in the study you will receive;
- $50 after completing all 8 online lessons,
- $25 for answering the assessment questions at the end of the lessons.
- $25 if you participate in the focus group activity
- You will also help us learn more about how to aid others in their recovery.
If you are interested in learning more and determining if you are eligible for the study, please contact Tricia Kirkhart at email@example.com or 410-502-4453 or go to the website palsamputeelifeskills.org and click on Sign Up Now.
Thank you for taking time to learn our project and your commitment to recovery following limb loss. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you on this project.