At the heart of the Amputee Coalition’s mission is our peer support programs. Our goal is to make sure that no one goes through this journey alone. We believe that support comes in many forms and can make an incredible difference in recovery and rehabilitation.
No one is potentially in a better position to understand about living life with an amputation or supporting a person with limb loss and limb difference than someone who has been there. An experienced, well-trained peer can offer encouragement and information from a place, and at a pace, that an individual in this circumstance can better absorb.
Become a Certified Peer Visitor today!
We have the following CPV trainings scheduled:
- 2/25/2020 – 2/28/2020 – VA Train-the-Trainer Workshop – Tampa, FL (CLOSED/PRIVATE GROUP)
- 2/27/2020 – MIB Ambassadors Agents Training – Phoenix, AZ (CLOSED/PRIVATE GROUP)
- 2/28/2020 – VA Peer Visitor Training – Tampa, FL (CLOSED/PRIVATE GROUP)
- 2/29/2020 – Youth & Family CPV Training – Tampa, FL (CLOSED/PRIVATE GROUP)
- 4/4/2020 – Civilian CPV Training – Brooksville, FL
- 4/14/2020 – 4/17/2020 – VA Train-the-Trainer Workshop – San Diego, CA (CLOSED/PRIVATE GROUP)
- 4/17/2020 – VA Peer Visitor Training – San Diego, CA (CLOSED/PRIVATE GROUP)
- 4/18/2020 – Youth & Family CPV Training – San Diego, CA
- 5/2/2020 – Civilian CPV Training – New Haven, CT
- 8/23/2020 – National Conference CPV Trainings – Washington, D.C.
*application deadline: 2 weeks prior to class date.
If you meet our CPV criteria, registering for a CPV training is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Submit an online CPV training class application and list the class you are interested in attending. If your online CPV application is successfully submitted, you will receive an email confirmation.
Application Deadline: 2 weeks prior to the class date
- Pay $40 class fee (covers costs affiliated with administering CPV trainings and AC background checks through our third party). Information on how to submit payment to the Amputee Coalition is emailed after an application has been approved.
- Complete a background check through the Amputee Coalition third party, Sterling Volunteers. Information on how to complete a background check is emailed after registration fees have been paid. NOTE: All Certified Peer Visitors must complete an AC background check (previous background checks are not accepted). Applications, class fees and background checks must be received prior to attending a CPV training.