YEP’s Workforce Development Program is designed to assist 15-17-year-olds living with limb loss and limb difference with career and professional development training to start their journey into the workforce. The YEP Workforce Development Program includes programs and services like assistance with career exploration, resume writing, how to set up a professional profile, mock interviewing, and how to search/apply for internships and summer job opportunities.
- YEP Workforce Development Program Checklist
- YEP Training Sessions and Resume Completion Process
- YEP Training Sessions and Resume Completion Online Form
Who is Eligible
You must be between 15-17, with limb loss/limb difference:
- Registered with the Youth Engagement Program (YEP)
- Must have a professional profile on our YEP Workforce Dashboard
YEP Workforce Development Services:
- Assistance with building a resume
- Support with developing a professional career profile
- Mock interview assistance
- Training and webinars on career and professional development on job-related topics
- YEP Workforce Dashboard with Internship and Summer Job Opportunities
- Schedule a virtual 15-minute appointment with the Workforce Development Manager or a YEP representative to discuss employment goals.
- Attend three required training sessions within the following topic areas: Career Exploration 101, How to Build a Strong Resume, Mock Interviewing 101, How to Search and Apply for Job Positions, Best Dress, and How to Present Yourself during an Interview, and How to send thank you notes via email after an interview.
- Create and upload a professional resume to your profile
- Setup a career profile on the YEP Workforce Dashboard
- Upload a professional photo
- Complete and return the WorkForce Development Completed Training Sessions form
Follow us on: AC Connect, @yepteam2022 on IG, @yepteam on Tik Tok and @yep2022 on YouTube.
Visit our YEP webpage for updates on recent programs around developing resumes, interview skills, and career and professional development.
Review the Employment Resources Fact Sheet to expand your knowledge of relevant disability-related topics and other career development opportunities with YEP Workforce Development Program throughout the year.