The Christina Skoski, M.D., Scholarship is one of many funding opportunities available to people living with limb loss and limb difference through the Youth Engagement Program (YEP). With donor support, we offer scholarships to outstanding and qualified students pursuing undergraduate degrees. Through the generosity of Dr. Skoski, we advance efforts to ensure equity in educational opportunities that prepare students for success in school, work, and life.
Eligibility and scholarship requirements
You must be:
- Registered with YEP. If you are not, you can register today by hitting this link: https://www.amputee-coalition.org/events-programs/youth-engagement-program-yep/yep-signup/
- Living with limb loss or limb difference
- Under 23 at the time of application submission
- A graduating high school senior or undergraduate student who is enrolled full time or accepted to an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- A U.S. resident or citizen
You must have:
- A grade point average of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 system
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in any field of study
- Demonstrated financial need
Scholarship opportunity opens
The scholarship opens for applications in the first quarter of the year.
Applications/essays for this scholarship will close at 11:59 p.m. July 31.
The scholarship will be announced to recipients during summer 2023, with a confirmation letter outlining the scholarship details.
How are scholarship winners selected?
Recipients are selected based on the following.
- A double-spaced, one-page paper highlighting how the scholarship will help your educational journey
- Two letters of recommendation
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Your letters of recommendation and the brief essay should highlight your qualities and strengths
- Proof of financial need
- Please, no calls regarding scholarship awards
What is the amount of the scholarship?
The scholarship award is $1,000 (maximum).
How many scholarships can one person receive?
Individuals can receive a one-time $1,000 scholarship.
What’s required after receiving a Christina Skoski, M.D., Scholarship?
- A brief thank you letter to the Amputee Coalition of America, c/o of the Christina Skoski, M.D., Scholarship, outlining how this $1,000 contribution helped you with your college journey
- This is not a renewable scholarship opportunity
Scholarship Application Form
Complete the form below to apply.