The deadline for submitting the application for this scholarship is June 12, 2021, at 11:59pm ET.
For the school year, this fund will provide a $1,000 scholarship to a full-time undergraduate student who has a congenital limb difference or an acquired amputation.
Applicants apply online and must also submit a complete high school/college transcript, documentation of ACT and/or SAT scores, 2 letters of recommendation, and a personal statement from the applicant.
The entire award is made in one payment to the student’s higher education institution upon verification of the student’s enrollment and full-time status.
Detailed application instructions are provided below.
Eligibility and Application Instructions
The Scott Decker, M.D., Memorial Scholarship provides a holistic application approach. In the past, this scholarship has been awarded to those who show both academic and career promise, with a focus on overcoming adversity.
- To be eligible, the student must have a congenital limb difference or an acquired amputation.
- To be eligible, the student must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and provide either ACT scores and/or SAT scores.
- Documentation of the student’s GPA and test score(s) must be provided to the Amputee Coalition.
- To be eligible, you must attend college full-time in the upcoming fall semester.
- Instructions for applicant’s personal statement: Please write a personal statement that is typed, double-spaced, and no more than two pages in length. You must clearly address the following three questions:
- What are your reasons for attending college?
- What inspired you to select your particular course of study?
- What are your career goals?
To apply, please click the link below. Before applying, you will be asked to register for a free SMApply account.Apply Here
For more information about the scholarship or the application, please contact the Amputee Coalition at 888/267-5669 or email our Senior Research and Education Specialist, Melanie Miller (email@example.com)