July 24-28, 2019
2019 National Conference • Marriott River Center • San Antonio, TX
Special Room Rate
Conference Room Rate – $169/night plus fees and taxes
$765 registration fee must be paid prior to class to reserve your training space.
Reservations will be handled by the Coalition once you confirm your attendance.
Ready to take your Peer Support Program to the next level? Join us in San Antonio, Texas this July for our 2019 Train-the-Trainer Workshop. This hands-on, in-person training equips your group to meet the needs of the limb loss and limb difference community. Trainer candidates will experience a 5-day training seminar that focuses on the characteristics of adult learning, effective training techniques, facilitation tips, and role playing to ensure learning transfer. On July 28, candidates will train a live class to test your skills!
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to attend a Train-the-Trainer (TTT) Workshop:
- Be able to communicate well with others
- Be able to network with healthcare facilities and professionals who serve people affected by limb loss
- Not be principally employed in a marketing capacity by a manufacturer of devices or provider of services to people affected by limb loss
- Be knowledgeable about and supportive of the Amputee Coalition, including the National Limb Loss Resource Center and key publications and materials
- Be knowledgeable about basic limb loss statistics, including all amputation levels, and the effects of limb loss
- Be willing to authorize and able to pass a criminal background check at your own expense every four years for the duration of your certification if you also plan to act as a Certified Peer Visitor
- Be able to provide three references, including at least one from a healthcare provider and one from the applicant’s support group leader if that applicant is a member of a support group
- Be an individual subscriber to the Amputee Coalition’s inMotion magazine and subscribe to all Amputee Coalition emails to keep apprised of ongoing activities
- Experience with limb loss and limb difference preferred
- Submit a resume or CV to the Coalition to be reviewed with application
- If you are currently a CPV, you must have a minimum of two years experience as a Certified Peer Visitor with the Amputee Coalition and be actively visiting / reporting your peer visits.