Our team of experts offer tremendous knowledge in the latest technologies and treatments for amputee rehabilitation, providing the clinical, technical and professional resources needed to help patients progress toward total independence.
The amputee rehabilitation program is Joint Commission accredited and focuses on the unique needs of each individual, with objectives including instruction in skin care, pre-prosthetic conditioning and instruction, prosthetic mobility training and limb maintenance.
Each patient’s treatment plan is designed to accomplish their therapeutic goals through a sequence of measurable, achievable steps:
- Improving general and specific muscle strength
- Educating patients and their families on skin care and prosthesis care
- Shaping residual limb for prosthetic fit
- Teaching independence in ambulation with and without prosthesis
- Increasing independence in daily living skills
- Developing coping skills for patient and family as they adjust to new challenges
- Facilitating community re-entry