Submit a Community Event
Your event will be submitted for approval. Approval usually takes two (2) business days. If you have any questions about your event submission please email the National Limb Loss Resource Center® at email@example.com
- This event has passed.
Tricord Club for Children
March 27, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
The Tricord Club is a nonprofit organization that helps children and youth with physical mobility issues grow up to be confident, resilient, independent, and contributing members of society who have intimate ongoing relationships with their peers, the community, and God. Children with amputations, missing limbs spina bifida, spinal cord injuries, dislocated hips, club feet, polio, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, achondroplasia (little people) are invited to join the club at http://www.Tricord.Club. We will begin with an equal number of five to seven year olds with and without disabilities.
Two Saturdays a month from 2:00-4:00 pm we will have two hour meetings that abide by COVID-19 requirements and include four components:
- a speaker or activity to expose participants to a wide variety of interests, conversational topics, skills, potential hobbies, leisure activities, vocations, community resources, and networking opportunities
- exploration of and provision of service to others
- a nondenominational Bible study
- pleasant carefree leisure
As club participants mature benefit by:
- discovering their talents and developing a legacy of giving back
- gaining experience in mentoring, leadership, service
- improving integration into the community
- and building resumes