Communications Coordinator – Level 3
The Amputee Coalition empowers people affected by limb loss and limb difference to live well. Our Communications Coordinator – Level 3 helps ensure we communicate in powerful, effective and meaningful ways that truly change lives.
The Communications Coordinator – Level 3 works with the Director of Communications, the communications team and other organizational stakelholders to support the organization’s strategic direction and programs. Primary areas of responsibility include public relations, project managing communication campaigns, and other public outreach efforts to support the Coalition’s educational programs, to build awareness and utilization of support services, and to magnify advocacy efforts.
He or she is responsible for project management to support the success of our strategies, to drive attendance and build awareness of events like National Conference, regional Limb Loss Awareness Days, and online educational events. The role will be responsible for creating and implementing communication campaigns that have sustained, direct impact to increase usage of the Coalition’s programs and initiatives. The individual will drive, in partnership with the graphic designer, an effective, targeted, carefully managed email communication program.
The Communication Coordinator – Level 3 will be closely involved with utilization of analytics to determine that the Coalition is effectively applying our human and financial resources. As part of a national non-profit, a strong commitment to the organization’s mission and values is critical for success. The successful applicant will have a strong writing background and good oral communication skills.
Salary Range for this position: $45,500-$55,000 annually based on experience.
This position is funded in part by a cooperative agreement with the Administration for Community Living for which funding is committed through March 31, 2019.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To assist in researching, writing, and implementing short-term communication plans.
- Providing media and presentation preparation including Power Point, speeches and talking points for staff, board, and committees on key issues.
- Developing strategy and creating / writing content founded on audience segmentation and targeting strategies to be repurposed across traditional and digital channels.
- Working with internal and external partners (including volunteers) to help support content development.
- Working with vendors, partners and internal staff to develop, drive, and measure successful events including webinars, regional education days, a national conference, and other events.
- Working with our internal team, professionals in the industry and subject matter experts on scheduling, developing processes and standards, promoting, hosting and measuring the effectiveness of webinar and education series geared toward people with limb loss.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredicted college or university in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, business or related field required
- Minimum 3-5 years of increasingly responsible related experience. Experience in healthcare or nonprofit industries a plus.
- Superior oral and written communication skills; including compelling writing / story telling
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, meeting deadlines and managing budgets and stakeholders.
- Self starting, collaborative, team player with the ability to problem solve and exercise good judgment.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook, and similar digital marketing programs. Experience with dashboards and analytics, Salesforce, and Gotomeeting or similar programs is key.
- Overnight, weekend and out-of-state travel may be required up to 25%.
- Person with limb loss or limb difference strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Download and complete the Amputee Coalition Application for Employment in PDF format and submit your completed application along with your Resume/CV to:
ATTN: Human Resources
900 East Hill Avenue, Suite 390,
Knoxville, Tennessee 37915-2566
- Basic Life: Life Insurance is an important part of your financial security, especially if others depend on you for support. Basic Life Insurance is provided to all eligible employees at no cost.
- Disability Insurance: Chances are you do not see yourself as becoming disabled when you think about your life five or ten years from now. Surprisingly, a number of people across the country find themselves hurt or sick and unable to work each year due to a non-work related illness or injury. That is why the Amputee Coalition provides core Short-Term (STD) and Long-Term (LTD) Disability Insurance benefits to all eligible employees at no cost.
- Retirement Plans: The Amputee Coalition supports your retirement through our 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Health& Dental Insurance: The Amputee Coalition offers both health and dental insurances and aggressively negotiates each year for the best and most cost-efficient benefits packages for employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Amputee Coalition, a nonprofit organization, values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We look for commitment to our mission and the community we serve, a positive attitude, and willingness to learn and grow. We offer a work environment that lets you make a difference, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative environment.
Here are more details on Equal Employment rights Summary of Rights