How to Apply
Information and Resource Center Manager
National non-profit seeks a full-time Information and Resource Center Manager. Candidates must be able to supervise resource center staff, develop patient education materials, and identify local resources to respond to client requests. The ideal candidate is a problem-solver who is highly motivated, detail oriented, able to multi-task and meets multiple project deadlines while producing excellent, professional results.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Research and Grants, the Information and Resource Center Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of an Information and Referral Resource Center for individuals affected by limb loss, including supervising and training resource center staff, developing and managing database of local resources to address client needs, overseeing the development and dissemination of fact sheets and patient education materials for people with limb loss, developing system for ensuring information and resources are current and client requests are fulfilled in a timely and professional manner.
This is a grant-funded position, the status of which may be affected if funding is reduced or eliminated.
- Work with Director of Research and Grants to develop policies and procedures related to resource center activities to ensure compliance with established guidelines and standards for the field of information and referral
- Manage, supervise and participate in day-to-day operations of Resource Center and Resource Specialists
- Develop patient education materials and resources to address client needs (e.g. , Fact Sheets)
- Develop and maintain database of resources and organizations in communities around the country that provide services addressing client needs (e.g., home modification, vocational rehabilitation, funding assistance).
- Develop and implement a text message-based information and referral process
- Develop new and innovative approaches to providing patient education materials to best serve client needs
- Identify and update existing patient education information and resources available through the Amputee Coalition’s Limb Loss Resource Center
- Work with program staff to ensure that patient education materials are up-to-date and reflect client needs
- Ensure that resource center requests are fulfilled in a timely and professional manner
- Provide information and referral services to clients contacting the Amputee Coalition’s Limb Loss Resource Center
- Assess clients stated and unstated needs during interactions
- Develop and deliver presentations about resource programs and services for professional and consumer audiences
- Maintain resource center data required for grant reporting
- Develop strategies to ensure that target metrics for grants are achieved according to established timelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related discipline
- Masters degree preferred (e.g., Social Work, Psychology or Public Health)
- LCSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker is a plus
- Excellent data entry, research, communication and writing skills
- Database experience (e.g., SQL, Access)
- Familiarity with Information and Referral systems and standards (e.g., 211)
- Current AIRS Certification for I&R Specialists in Aging and Disabilities is a plus
- Experience working with people with physical disability (preferred)
- Experience working in an Information and Referral capacity desired
- Experience with database management (e.g., Access or SQL)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in non-profit setting with increasing level of responsibility
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing patient education resources
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to conduct online searches of support services for people with limb loss throughout the United States
- Ability to achieve deadlines
- Requires some overnight travel
- Preference given to a person with limb loss/limb difference with equivalent qualifications and experience
Salary and Employment Terms
- Salary: Competitive, based on experience and qualifications.
- Work must be done from the Knoxville, Tennessee office of the Amputee Coalition.
- Must be available to travel, as needed including weekends, to conduct trainings or to attend Amputee Coalition events.
- Benefits includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, ST and LT disability, 13 annual paid holidays, paid time off, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K retirement plan.
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
How to Apply
Download and complete the Amputee Coalition Application for Employment in PDF format and submit your completed application along with your Resume/CV to:
ATTN: Human Resources
900 East Hill Avenue, Suite 390,
Knoxville, Tennessee 37915-2566
You may also email your application (as a scanned PDF), along with your resume/CV.
- Basic Life: Life Insurance is an important part of your financial security, especially if others depend on you for support. Basic Life Insurance is provided to all eligible employees at no cost.
- Disability Insurance: Chances are you do not see yourself as becoming disabled when you think about your life five or ten years from now. Surprisingly, a number of people across the country find themselves hurt or sick and unable to work each year due to a non-work related illness or injury. That is why the Amputee Coalition provides core Short-Term (STD) and Long-Term (LTD) Disability Insurance benefits to all eligible employees at no cost.
- Retirement Plans: The Amputee Coalition supports your retirement through our 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Health& Dental Insurance: The Amputee Coalition offers both health and dental insurances and aggressively negotiates each year for the best and most cost-efficient benefits packages for employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Amputee Coalition, a nonprofit organization, values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We look for commitment to our mission and the community we serve, a positive attitude, and willingness to learn and grow. We offer a work environment that lets you make a difference, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative environment.
Here are more details on Equal Employment rights Summary of Rights