Wednesday, April 17, 2013
The Amputee Coalition is the nation’s leading organization on limb loss. Our mission is to reach out to and empower people affected by limb loss to achieve their full potential through education, support and advocacy, and to promote limb loss prevention. In response to the horrific events at the Boston Marathon, we have put together the following list of resources to help victims of this terrible tragedy on their road to recovery.
Our Resource Center has a wealth of information and materials to assist with the recovery from losing a limb. These resources include:
- Resources to help new amputees adjust to living with limb loss
- Resources to help those facing an amputation make informed decisions about their health care options
- Resources to help with healthcare decisions immediately following the amputation of a limb
- Resources to help parents cope with the amputation of their child’s limb
- Resources to help spouses, friends, and other loved ones of someone who lost a limb
- Customized information packets are available by contacting our Resource Specialists or by calling our Resource Center at 1-888-267-5669
- A list of Amputee Support Groups in the Boston Area
- If you would like to talk to another amputee, you can request for a peer visit from an Amputee Coalition Certified Peer Visitor. Peer visit requests can also be made by calling our Resource Center – 1-888-267-5669.
- You can also connect with other amputees through our Facebook page.